Roosevelt Banks and the Attic of Doom

Roosevelt Banks and the Attic of Doom

Roosevelt Banks and the Attic of Doom

by Laurie Calkhoven
illustrated by Debbie Palen


Ten-year-old Roosevelt Banks can't wait for summer. Mom will be working, his little sister will be at day care, and it will be a SUMMER OF DAD. Unfortunately, his father already has plans -- remodeling THE ATTIC OF DOOM into Roosevelt's new bedroom. Can Roosevelt convince them this is a bad idea? Or will he be forced to move in with the ghosts that want to take over his body?

I just could not put down this book! I loved watching Roosevelt trying to find solutions to his ghost problem. I found the characters very relatable and enjoyable.

My only real comment is that I would have loved to have seen Roosevelt's story as it's own chapter, with the narrative stuff tacked onto the end of the previous one. I also wanted to know what happened to his story. Did his parents ever read it? Did he end up using it to apply to the program at the library? If so, did he end up participating?

Overall, I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading others in this series. I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.


Comments