Goodbye Sea Angel

Goodbye Sea Angel

Goodbye Sea Angel

by Anne Shillolo


When Detective Constable Holly Towns agreed to serve as security on the Sea Angel party boat, she never expected to end up in the middle of a storm. Or that one of the passengers would leave in a body bag. Or that she would be in charge of the investigation because the rest of her team is too busy dealing with a sniper back on the mainland. As if that wasn't enough, she's still haunted by a cold case: the death of her parents. Will she be able to solve any of these cases before any more lives are lost?

Although this is the third book in the series, it is the first one I have read and I fell in love with the main character. She was very relatable and I loved the fact that, despite being a police officer, she was far from perfect. I loved watching her grow and working on being a team player.

Although the two main cases had satisfactory endings, I was not thrilled with the cold case story. I loved its progression, however the ending felt unresolved. Not having read the rest of the series, I'm not sure if this is a storyline that carries through multiple books. However, if it is, I still feel like there should have been a little more resolution, even if it was just a note about how much progress she made on it in this book and how she hopes by the next book it will become a closed case.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series. I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.


Comments