Let It Snow

Let It Snow

Let It Snow

John Green
Maureen Johnson
Lauren Myracle


This book is a compilation of three intertwined novellas. Though they do all work well together, they can also each be read individually.

Story #1: The Jubilee Express It's Christmas Eve and sixteen-year-old Jubilee is looking forward to celebrating her one-year anniversary with Noah. Unfortunately, when her parents get arrested, she is sent to spend the holiday with her grandparents instead. What starts as an irritating inconvenience turns into a major problem when the worst storm in fifty years hits. Determined not to let fourteen rowdy cheerleaders ruin her holiday, Jubilee sets off to make the best of the worst holiday of her life.

I really enjoyed this story, though I don't have a lot to say about it. I liked watching Jubilee grow. As the daughter of a Christmas Village collector, I found that storyline riotous (pun intended). I could completely relate to Jubilee's irritation with her parents. I also enjoyed her journey, both physical and emotional. The ending felt a little rushed and I would have liked to have seen a little more. How long does Jubilee stay in Gracetown? What happens to her parents? Ultimately, I am hoping there will be a sequel that will show me more of Jubilee. I rate this story 4.5 stars.

Story #2: A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle When Tobin and his friends learn that Waffle house has been invaded by fourteen cheerleaders, they decide to brave the worst storm in fifty years to be the first to bring the girls a game of Twister. What ensues is a hilarious set of mishaps as they try to beat the two other teams braving the storm.

I found this story humorous, but it also felt as if it ended too abruptly. While this one at least tied up all the loose ends for me, it did so in a rush of run-on sentences over the last page of the story. I would have liked it to slow down a little, showing me things that happened instead of telling me. I rate this story 4.5 stars.

Story #3: The Patron Saint of Pigs Addie screwed up. She had a fantastic boyfriend and threw away her relationship with a drunken kiss with the sketchiest kid in school. Instead of spending Christmas with her boyfriend, she's now moping in her room. But when her friend suggests that maybe she's a little too self-absorbed, Addie sets out to prove her wrong, and maybe find a little happiness in the process.

I did not like this main character. I found her whiny and self-absorbed. However, when her best friend calls her on it, she begins to reexamine her life and realizes she doesn't like that version of herself either. In addition to watching the main character grow, I really enjoyed how this story tied everything together at the end. I would rate this story 4.5 stars.

Ultimately, I thought the three authors of this book did a great job weaving their characters together. It felt very much like a soap opera, in a good way. Overall, I enjoyed this book so much, I finished it in one night. A great winter read with a warm drink under a snuggly blanket. I would rate this story four and a half quills and place it on my top shelf.


Comments