I Don't Date Superheroes

I Don't Date Superheroes

To the world Hana is an army medic. Not even her closest friends and coworkers realize that she treats superheroes for the Enhanced Humans Agency. One night, after a long day at work, a patient breaks into her apartment seeking help. After nearly being killed by the people following him, Hana joins his quest for safety. Unsure of what is happening or whom to trust, Hana must figure out why someone is kidnapping superheroes without forgetting her mantra: do NOT fall for a superhero.

One of my biggest problems with this story was the editing. There were many places with excessive dialogue tags, repetitive words, and shifts in tenses or point of view. There were also misused or missing words. I found these editing errors distracting and it was difficult to get through the first chapter.

Once I was able to overlook these issues, I found I liked the story. There was a decent plot, a decent subplot, and strong backstories. However, it all moved a little too quickly and I felt key details were often forgotten. This was exemplified in the climax of the story. The ending was a little of a letdown. Without any spoilers, I will say that there was a lot of potential for action that was missed. I felt like important details were missing from a key scene.

Overall, I would rate this story four quills and look forward to reading the sequel.



Comments