Murder, She Edited

Murder She Edited

Murder, She Edited

by Kaitlyn Dunnett


Freelance editor Mikki Lincoln has just inherited a farm boarding house, from a woman she barely knew. But there is one stipulation: she must find, edit, and publish an unknown number of journals within one month, else she loses the farm.

The mystery in this book unfolds slowly, first with the mystery of learning what the main character has inherited, then learning the mystery of what happened to the original owners, and ending with the mystery of who is trying to thwart Mikki's attempts. While I enjoyed watching the story unfold, the ending felt a little forced. I would have liked to have witnessed the cold case confession instead of hearing about it second hand. I also still had a few questions at the end of the book. (view spoiler)

Within the story, there is a character who berates the main character about typos she found in a published book. I would like to point out the irony that within this conversation, there is a typo. However, since the rest of the book is edited flawlessly, I found this humorous rather than annoying.

As a former teacher and freelance editor (like Mikki), I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait to read more of the series. Overall, I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.


Comments