A Novel Proposal

A Novel Proposal

A Novel Proposal

by E. E. Everly


Annalise has a problem. She is in love with her boss, but Evan is clueless. Fed up with being in the friend zone, she quits without warning. She doesn't even want to read the edits he made on her novel. But when a friend insists she read the book, she discovers he has made some drastic suggestions. Will reading his changes help Annalise see Evan in a new light? Or has she lost her best friend.

This was a very cute story and something I recommend for all romance writers, as we can relate to a lot of the situations within the story. That said, I did have a couple of issues with the book. There were several scenes, specifically the ones involving the ski resort and the hospital, that felt they could have used a little more research. I'm not exactly sure where this story was supposed to take place, but Annalise and Evan's experiences were drastically different than mine and the events, while cute and helped drive the story, felt unrealistic.

My other issue with the book was the way Annalise dissected the story between every chapter. Her acknowledging this was the inciting incident or the halfway mark (at exactly the point where my Kindle read 50% progress) was distracting. While I didn't mind her reflections on the events, I found her analysis of the story structure jarring.

There were several grammatical errors, which I found ironic in a story about an editor, but it was not enough to detract from the overall story. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author. I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.



Comments