Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup

Cyn & The Peanut Butter Cup

Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup

Pru Warren


When a nonagenarian steals an FBI agent's gun in the middle of the grocery store, Cyn and Rhys both wonder if their jobs are on the line. Cyn loves being Maddy's caregiver, but the old woman with short-term memory loss is proving to be more of a challenge than she expected. Rhys has wanted to work for the FBI his entire life, but he keeps screwing up. When Maddy's past comes back to haunt her present, Cyn and Rhys must help her, possibly finding some romance along the way.

While I found the spiciness of this romance a littler more intense than what I am used to, I really enjoyed this book. The author does a great job with the voice. I loved that Maddy's chapters were in the present tense while Cyn and Rhys were in the past.

I only had two minor issues with the book. The first is the abrupt change in the story around chapter fifteen. We go from a leisurely day of volunteering to a different voice in a difficult situation, presumably on another day. I was very confused. It felt as if I had missed a chapter and it wasn't until near the end of that one that I began to understand what had happened. I think maybe having one more Maddy chapter in between the Rhys and Cyn might have helped that transition.

The other other issue I had was with the ending. I would have liked a little more information at the end. Ultimately, there were a lot of players and I didn't quite figure out who all of them were and how they related to the situation. I was particularly confused about how "Oatmeal Man" fit into everything (and how he got that nickname). I would have liked to have had a brief epilogue wrapping things up for me.

However, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more in this series. I would rate this story four and a half quills and place it on my top shelf.


Comments