Babies On Board (Part 2)

Babies on Board (Part 2)

Babies On Board (Part 2)

by Susan Marie Chapman
illustrated by Natalia Loseva


When Grumpy the Iguana, Green Parrot, Mr. Squirrel and Little Mouse set out for a night at the beach, they never expect to spend the night helping baby sea turtles find their father.

Since I have not read the other books in the series, I was not as familiar with the characters as I felt I should have been. I didn't really know much about them or their friendship. However, the story was cute and I enjoyed watching them figure out how to assist their friend with his hatching babies.

I did have a little problem with the fonts. I was reading an advanced e-copy, so perhaps this will be fixed in the final publication, but I noticed the author used different font colors to separate the dialogue from the text. While I liked this concept, it was inconsistent. On one page, it looked as if a different font was used in addition to a different color. At one point, one character's dialogue was one color on one page and another color on another page. Similarly, there was a page where two characters spoke with the same color. I would have liked a little more consistency, perhaps each character having his own color.

Overall, however, my three-year-old enjoyed reading this story with me. I found it cute and will look for others in the series. I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.


Comments