Live and Let Diet

Live and Let Diet

Live and Let Diet

by Morgana Best


After a messy divorce, Sybil can't wait to get a new start on life. Before she gets a chance to settle into into a small town in nowhere Australia, she discovers a dead body in the boarding house neighboring her cottage. Being the newest arrival puts her at the top of the suspect list. Can she clear her name before she ends up being the next victim?

This story begins with an Australian glossary at the front, although I found myself familiar with many of the terms, either because they were ones I used here in America or because I watch lots of Australian shows on Netflix. I am also pretty sure there were terms in the glossary that were not in this particular book, making me question why they were included in the first place.

The story started a little slow, with a lot of background information that I would have preferred to have learned later. Since Sybil is a new person in a new town, there is plenty of opportunity for her to introduce herself to others and reveal some of this information instead of narrating it at the beginnings.

That being said, I did enjoy the story and look forward to reading more by this author.

Overall, I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.


Comments