The Wonders of the Peculiar Parasol

The Wonders of the Peculiar Parasol


I really wanted to like this book. It reminded me a lot of the Magic Tree House series, where the children go on different adventures to storyland adventures. When describing the adventures, the author uses fantastic imagery.

However, there was entirely too much exposition for my taste. The book is shown from a single character's point of view. Since this character is not the first to go on an adventure, the other characters describe their adventures. I felt that if the author was going to go into so much detail, he should have shown us the adventure itself. I also found some of the backstory very repetitive.

While this was a creative story, it was not one of my favorites.

Overall, I would rate this three and a half quills.






Comments