Rotto! Clancy the Quokka of the Rottnest Island

Rotto! Clancy the Quokka of Rottnest Island (Rotto! Series #1)

Rotto! Clancy the Quokka of Rottnest Island

by Jonathan Macpherson

Clancy is a young quokka (a type of marsupial found on Rottnest Island) eager to see the world. When he strays from home one day, he experiences the adventure of a lifetime, making new friends along the way.

Before reading this, I had no idea what a quokka was. Unfortunately, the book did little to describe the animal, so I was confused through most of the book.

I really liked Clancy and his adventure and would definitely recommend this story for children reading early chapter books. The author sends the message about caring for others and the importance of family.

Overall, I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.




Comments