Arrowed

Arrowed

Arrowed

Avery Daniels


When Julienne arrives at the Enchantment Canyon Resort, she expects to spend her days training the staff and her nights with her boyfriend. But, someone has other ideas. First, a high-powered executive is executed with an old-fashioned arrowed, literally grabbing Julienne to utter his final words: "The curse got me." Now, the new owner wants her to focus her attention on finding the killer and saving the resort's reputation. As if that wasn't enough, her boyfriend's ex checks in, determined to rekindle their lost romance. Will Julienne be able to solve the mystery before it's too late?

Although this is the fourth book in the Resort to Murder series, this is my first time reading this series. After a brief scene to provide the setting for this book, there is a lot of background information in the first chapter, some of which was repeated, either within the chapter or in later chapters. Having not read the previous books, I'm not sure what was summarizing information from previous books and what was being used to set the scene, but overall, most of it felt unnecessary.

As I continued, I found it very difficult to read this book do to the poor editing and inconsistencies in tense. The story was also very heavy on the narrative. I would have liked to have seen more action and dialogue and be told less.

The mystery itself, however, was interesting and unique. I figured out the whodunit long before the main character, but mostly because I knew it was going to be one of the least likely suspects.

Overall, I would rate this story three and a half quills and place it on my bottom shelf.


Comments