Between a Rock and a Deadly Place

Between a Rock and a Deadly Place

Between a Rock and a Deadly Place

by Zoey Chase


After a very unpleasant divorce, Thea is ready to start over. She left her law practice, packs only her most important possessions into her car, and sets off for the campground she inherited from her grandparents. But, the place is nothing like her memories. Completely run down, it will need a lot of work to get in shape for the summer. When an unexpected death results in cancellations, Thea realizes it's up to her to figure out what happened in order to save her new home.

I loved this novella for many reasons. It opens with a map of the campground that is difficult to read on the kindle. However, if you click on the link, you can download a free, color, annotated map that looks so authentic, I was picking out a site for my RV this summer.

Since this is a novella, there were a few places where things felt a little rushed, but overall I liked the story. I found the characters very relatable and look forward to reading more about them. The story itself felt well-executed, although the ending may have been a little rushed. I wanted to see more of Nolan addressing his obvious PTSD, but I figure that will come out in a future book.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more in this series. I would rate this story five quills and place it on my top shelf.


Comments