Pride and Premeditation

Pride and Premeditation

Pride and Premeditation

by Tirzah Price


Sixteen-year-old Lizzie Bennet has one aspiration in life - to become a barrister. However, achieving this feat in nineteenth century London is not an easy task. Determined to prove herself to her father, as well as to clear the name of a man falsely accused of murder, Lizzie begins her own investigation into the case.

It has been quite a while since I have read Jane Austin, but I get the feeling this book is written much in the same style. It is heavy on the narration and descriptions, along with continually pointing out issues with societal norms.

While it took a while to get into the story, I did find it interesting. I enjoyed watching Lizzie grow, although I did find it a little frustrating that she was constantly explaining what she was doing wrong with her own investigation. Information occasionally felt repeated and overanalyzed. However, I found myself curious enough about the mystery to continue reading and was satisfied with the ending.

Overall, I would rate this story four quills and place it on my middle shelf.




Comments