The Frights of Fiji

The Frights of Fiji (Alyssa McCarthy's Magical Missions, #1)

The Frights of Fiji

by Sunayna Prasad

Due to the tragic death of her parents five years ago, twelve-year-old Alyssa lives with her mean uncle. But, her world is about to change because of magic. One day, she receives a note telling her so.

While I liked the concept of this story, I was not impressed in its execution. I had a difficult time finishing the book. The writing was very juvenile and the editing poor. I had trouble relating to the characters and did not feel any sense of "I want to know what happens next." While some of the storyline and worldbuilding felt ripped from Harry Potter, other parts made little sense to me, despite the fact that everything felt over-explained.

Overall, I would rate this story three quills and place it on my bottom shelf.




Comments